The (Emotional) Winds of Change I don’t know the number of times in my life where I have lost, changed, or been unsure of my direction but I know there are too many to count. Three forks in the road stand out, though, because they were fraught with a maze of emotions...
Dear Change, We Need to Talk In the midst of a season where you have been ever-present, I wanted to write to you and explain what it’s like having you around. As you know, I’m not the best at embracing you face-to-face. I’m not the type to welcome you with open arms,...
A week ago, I received some news I wasn’t expecting. It was news that travelled down the phone quickly and sideways before burying itself into my ear – with just the same amount of comfort you’d expect a sand crab would have in your acoustic meatus. That is negative...
When pain is indescribable, unspeakable, unmanageable, and especially, unwanted – what are we to do with our heart? What are we to do with the very thing that got us in this situation in the first place because we loved; became attached; cared; and simply, felt …...
We had a discussion over on Instagram this week about my strong dislike of the word “hustle”. In fact, you could say that I consider "hustle" a curse word of the highest order. It’s up there with the word “yolk” for me. Okay, I don’t like “yolk” because of how it...
I talk about asking for help regularly, and when I do, it’s usually in the context of reaching out to those close for a willing hand. There’s something that I don’t talk about enough when it comes to asking for help … and that’s asking for help from yourself. My...
Patience is not my strong suit. In fact, I’d go as far to say that my lack of it has been responsible for significant frustration in those people that know and love me. But no one has been more frustrated than me because I’m aware that my being impatient makes the...
Dear Beck-In-Your-Twenties, Stop worrying about whether people are judging you. Some are and some aren’t. The ones that judge are the ones that are blinded by their own insecurities. You’ll eventually learn that giving a shit about what other people think is a waste...
Comfortably Numb: When Avoiding Pain is Not at All Comfortable. “I just want to be happy,” you say. Translation: “I’d like to feel only the pleasant feelings from here on in, thanks very much.” I get it. A reasonable request, by anyone’s standards. The thing is not...
It sounds almost poetic, doesn’t it? Let it go. Letting go. Let go. Let = allow. Go = move now. Letting Go = Allow yourself to move now. Despite how it...
I write – sometimes a little, mostly a lot (because permission to embody creative living is freeing for doing the things I love most). My own projects demand most of my time, but I like to leave a small real estate space for guest writing in publications that resonate with me on a deep level. If you think that’s your brand, get in touch!
My words in special places …
- Sydney Morning Herald: People-Pleaser? How to use this powerful skill without self-sabotaging
- Sydney Morning Herald: Will Smith had to recover from being a people-pleaser. You can, too
- Mammamia: How to set healthy boundaries, a psychologist’s guide
- Australian Women’s Weekly: How to make yourself heard
- Body and Soul: Why setting boundaries is the ultimate form of self-care
- MiNDFOOD: Why you need to set boundaries in your relationships
- Peppermint Magazine: How to avoid overwhelm and protect well-being this Christmas
- Dreams for Breakfast: 5 Successful Women Share Their Morning Routines
- Peppermint Magazine: We Are One issue, “An Ode to Quiet Courage” (article)
- Move to Heal Project: Moving Through Emotional Discomfort – blog post
- Peppermint Magazine: Digital Blog: Look on the Bright Side – extract from Be Happy Book
- Peppermint Magazine: Ancient Wisdom Issue: The Counter-intuitive Path to Happiness
- Wellness Goals: In Conversation with Rebecca Ray on Self-Care (interview)
- Happy Mama Magazine: What I Wish I Knew About Becoming a Mama
- Collective Hub: Entrepreneurs Need Not Be Fearless to Succeed. Here’s Why.
- PsychCentral: 10 Small Ways to Create Brighter, More Inspiring Days
- PsychCentral: The Most Important Probing Questions to Repeatedly Ask Ourselves (article)
- Happiness Insights: What Book Changed Your Life? (profile)
- Peppermint Magazine, Living with Less issue, “Happiness Habits” (article)
- Happy Mama Magazine – The Art of Living in Creativity (interview)
- Project Strong Woman (profile)
- The Love Is Viral Show: The Universe Listens To Brave
- Living the Liminal: Finding Joy In The Pauses Of Life
- Sacred Stories: The Universe Listens To Brave
- Body and Soul: Mind and Body